Wednesday, December 3, 2008

DECEMBER MEETING



Our December book was A Cedar Cove Christmas by Debbie Macomber. I think we all enjoyed the book, but it was a little too predictable and simple. Not that we think we are trying to read intellectual books by any means, but this was not one of our favorite books. I think the consensus was that it was a little cheesy with the Wyse men!

We are still searching for a good mystery to read, but haven't decided on that one yet.
So put this one on your Christmas list ... for our January book we decided on a fiction book titled "Domestic Affairs." The author is Eileen Goudge. Here is a video clip by the author. http://www.domesticaffairsbook.com/video.html I think we will enjoy reading this one! Let's start now so that we aren't sitting in the parking lot finishing it on on January 6th ... our first meeting in 2009!


1 comment:

Kathy C said...

HEY TINA!!! I hope to make the January 6th meeting. Laura had told me about the book club, but with our daughter's wedding with busy business before and after, then forgetting :( I will make the next one. Listened to the video of the author and it sounds very interesting. xoxo and hugs, Kathy