Wednesday, May 28, 2008

READING BY THE POOL

Do you read more in the summertime? I love to "float" in the pool and read, but it has become increasingly more difficult as the years go by. I don't have a pair of prescription sunglasses. I went to the eye doctor, but he says I don't need a prescription. I have to wear reading glasses (more like magnifying glasses) to read, and I find it is hard to read in the bright sunlight. I haven't found a pair of flip shades that stay on my glasses.

I don't think I'm the only one with this problem, but I don't think I've ever asked anyone before. Since most of the FaLaLa Book Club members are about my age .... surely someone will have a solution ??? Please share!!

Our next book club meeting is next TUESDAY, JUNE 3rd. Panera Bread at 6:30 ... Hope to see you all there!! Even if you haven't finished the book, of course, you are welcome to come to the meeting. You can join in the discussion ... and be a part of choosing our July book!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Tina,

I'm looking forward to making my first ever book club meeting. I have read the book and enjoyed it.

I wanted to let you know that there are magnifying sunglasses available in different strengths. Sometimes I have seen them at SteinMart. They work for me when I want to read in the sunlight.

See you Tuesday!

Elaine